Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bahama Ma-Ma-Momentum

I have this nasty little habit of packing my running wardrobe whenever I travel, only to have my sneakers commandeer half of my luggage space without ever actually being put on my feet. Not even once.

But this time, being registered for my first marathon in 4 years (and only my second attempt at 26.2 ever), has put the FEAR OF GOD in me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, well maybe that was a bit dramatic. But I really am deeply concerned that Race Day is just under 6 months away and I'm still wheezing my way through a piddly 3 miles on a treadmill. Having turned into a very adept couch potato over the past winter, my legs are feeling a bit jolted by the recent reanimation.

So that brings me to my little accomplishment of the past week. And I do mean little - it's all about the baby steps people!! As I was saying, I'm getting a little nervous about getting my body back on the fitness train. This past week Chad and I spent at a beautiful resort in the Bahamas that happened to have a tiny little fitness room for those crazy people that actually unpack their fitness gear while on vacay. Well - I finally became one of the crazies on this trip. Though it may have only been for one fleeting 3-mile treadmill jaunt on the very first morning of our stay, it still made the ritual packing of the ASICS a justified endeavor. Subsequently, I can attribute the calorie burn on said jaunt to have eradicated the negative effects of at least one Bahama Mama cocktail that was consumed in the making of that vacation (we don't need to discuss how many additional beverages were consumed during the week, I'll just assume they were burned off during my rigorous sunbathing schedule).

That's one small run for Travelling Michele, one giant long run for Michele-Is-Registered-For-A-Marathon-In-November-And-Needs-To-Get-In-Shape-Pronto-kind.

1 comment:

... said...

You have plenty of time. Just keep upping the miles lady:)